The CELTA at ILA Vietnam
ILA Vietnam runs 9 intensive CELTA courses per year in Ho Chi Minh City. Each 4 week course provides you with the knowledge, skills, and confidence you need to start teaching English anywhere in the world.
Download and complete the application, and then send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the CELTA?
The CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is the most widely recognised English teaching qualification in the world. Certified by Cambridge English Language Assessment, the course is designed for teachers with little or no previous experience. It is the qualification that give you the skills, knowledge, and hands on teaching experience you need to be a successful English language teacher.
About the course
As well as receiving input from your tutors about key topic areas related to teaching English, you will also have substantial hands-on teaching practice to turn theory into practice.
You will cover five main topics as part of your CELTA course:
- Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism.
Why choose ILA Vietnam?
ILA Vietnam operates the country's largest and longest-running CELTA programme.
When you undertake your CELTA at ILA, you will follow one of the most tried and tested CELTA programs in the region and will benefit from the feedback, advice, and guidance of our most experienced Cambridge certified trainers. You will study in one of ILA's most established teaching centres, practice teaching real students at different levels, and gain experience using modern teaching and learning resources.
As well as pre-course feedback and guidance on course preparation, ILA can provide all its CELTA candidates with:
- Early-bird discounts
- A visa-arrangement service
- Help arranging accommodation
- A pre-course BBQ dinner to welcome new trainees
- An orientation pack to help you get the most out of your course
- The opportunity to get involved in voluntary work, through the ILA Community Network
- Post-course references for employment purposes
Working with ILA
After completing the course in Ho Chi Minh City you can apply to ILA and avail of more professional development opportunities for teaching adults or young learners, with numerous free workshops each month. You can also choose to work at one of our centres in Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi, or even take the opportunity to teach by the beach in Da Nang or Vung Tau. CELTA graduates who teach at ILA on a full-time contract, can take advantage of a tax-free 16,000,000 VND (approx. $750) settling-in allowance.